Hello and welcome to Praux.com (prauxnounced like "Pro") - Your Best Resume Realized! We are excited to give you a structured yet free-form way to market your personal professional identity online! We're not here to promote ourselves, we're here to prauxmote you!
What we are
- A content hub: We want to host, not own, your resume. You will notice a little '© YYYY Your Name' at the bottom of your Praux.com resume. That's because we want everyone to know that YOU are the owner of your identity, not us. You can link to your content hosted here from any other social site, and we encourage those sites to integrate with us by maintaining and publishing open APIs that allow them to get at useful data efficiently.
- A community: We want to encourage a spirit of helping one another. Let's face it... it's tough out there right now. We need to remember, we're all in this together. Praux.com allows all of you to actively contribute to each others resumes in a whole new way. We are capturing all of the work you do at this very moment and will soon have tools and leader boards that will recognize leading contributors. Who knows, we might even work up to an annual Prauxfessionalle Award Ceremony some day to give proper credit to those helpful and kind folks who make this site so unique.
- A resource: We will be providing tips and techniques, with a bit of entertainment, while you perform the otherwise mundane task of keeping your resume up to date. We're going to be creative in the delivery of this content, and we will strive to break molds... like we have with the 'Prauxtron' resume editor. The 'Prauxtron' allows you to edit your content in place with an easy to use 'What You See Is What You Get' interface. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to Contact Us.
- An provider: You can use your Praux.com resume URL and credentials to authenticate to any web site that uses OpenID for authentication.
What we are not
- A social network: We really think this base is more than adequately covered. Between Facebook™, Twitter™, LinkedIn™ and MySpace™, we already know who your friends are, who your boss is, heck we even know who your cousin Jerry's Mom's boss was at Arbor Drugs back in the 80s. It's been done and done and done some more, so we're not going to bother doing that. We want to maintain our focus on providing quality resume editing and hosting services for you, and do as much integration work with the other sites as we can, without becoming another face in the social networking crowd.
- A career site: Now this is tricky, because we technically /are/ a career site, just a vastly different career site than any you may have seen thus far. We aren't trying to connect you to your next job using exclusive relationships that we have with one employer or another in the way that Monster.com or CareerBuilder does. We're giving you a new way to do that for yourself. We want to mash up the rest of the new web, and give you all of the options that are actually out there in one easy-to-use and highly adaptable interface. We don't want to shoe horn you into one category or another. We want you to find a career based on your own unique merits, so we're giving you a means to do just that. We want to give you a place to keep your identity so you can spread it across the internet!
- A guaranteed job: While we are sure that having a Praux.com resume will show potential employers what a forward-thinking and future focused person you are, there is much more than just appearances involved in landing that job. We can't promise that you will get that next job, but we will help you present the best possible resume that you can and increase your odds. We do hope that the site and community will greatly help to improve your professional image and assist you in your search for that dream career. By presenting yourself through a well-edited and maintained resume, you're showing a potential employer that you're on top of your game and ready to tackle the new challenges of our modern world. Praux.com is glad to be a part of your ongoing career development and we're proud of you, you're taking a big step towards getting that life and career you deserve.